Friday, February 15, 2008

The Black Crowes "Warpaint"

Every now and then you need a little soul in your life, and every now and then you need a little rock n roll as well. When you need both you need not look any further than The Black Crowes and their new release "Warpaint". Due out in a few weeks I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy, and after several listens, it just keeps getting better and better. The Black Crowes are one of those bands lost in time I would say, and not in a bad way, but in a good way. If The Black Crowes would have come out in let's say 1969 people would be saying they are the greatest band of all time. Though never given the respect deserved, that could all change with "Warpaint". The record itself is like a trip through a variety of different fields of musical genre's. If you like country you got it, blues oh that's there as well, and plenty of soul and rock to get you by. The thing that stuck out for me the most is the vocals. I have always been of the belief that singer Chris Robinson is one of the top 10 vocalist of all time, and he only reaffirms that for me now on this record. The Crowes have come out roaring again and I can only hope people will listen, because people rock n roll is here for you under the moniker of The Black Crowes.
4.5 of 5 Stars

BlackCrowes.com